Amidst sluggish global economy, digital healthcare companies around the world are still well-positioned as consumers, insurers and healthcare providers continue to look for new ways to extend care beyond the walls of health facilities post-Covid. There are also unprecedented demands for easier access to important healthcare data. AWS, Apple, Google, Microsoft and other technology leaders are exploring opportunities in healthcare, and are considering partnering with, funding and acquiring digital healthcare startups to reach their goals.
Singapore is one of the most advanced countries in the Asia-Pacific region in its readiness and adoption of digital healthcare. In 2021, Singapore introduced policy guidelines on artificial intelligence and cybersecurity in healthcare which complemented the updated Personal Data Protection Commission's Advisory Guidelines for the Healthcare Sector. These voluntary guidelines are a lighter touch approach on businesses based upon real and identifiable risks while still leaving room for innovation in the sector.
As Singapore continues to encourage and cultivate its vibrant and growing digital health startups ecosystem, join AmCham and hear from our panelists on:
- What are some of the maturing and emerging technologies (e.g. AI, IoT, Machine Learning, VR/AR/MR) that will create novel opportunities in healthcare?
- What are some of the enabling infrastructures needed to accelerate innovations, e.g. 5G, digital currencies, clean energy infrastructure power, etc.
- How can digital healthcare startups make the most of the opportunities introduced by emerging technologies and enabling policies?
- What are some of the challenges facing digital healthcare startups, e.g. funding, research, regulatory sandboxes?
- How can technology providers such as AWS support digital healthcare startups to maintain security and meet their regulatory compliance?
- How can the public and private sectors work together to build the foundation for a trusted digital healthcare ecosystem based on technologies that maximize accessibility, mitigate bias, ensure patient privacy and transparency?
Join us for a sharing session, good conversations and networking on October 11, 2022!
* Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be provided for cancellations. Replacements will be accepted.